2007年12月4日 星期二

[Weekly Report]2007.11.24-2007.11.30

1.Reading Tasks:
1-1.Paper reading:
MOJTABA HOSSEINI,etc.., UNIVERSITY OF OTTAWA, "A SURVEY OF APPLICATION-LAYER MULTICAST PROTOCOLS",IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials:
Just in the beginning. I read it to clarify the concept of multicast. I can realize unicast and broadcast easily, but multicast always confuses me.

1-2.Read some sections about security issues of "SIP Tutorial by Jiri Kuthan and Dorgham Sisalem":
I want to get the overview of SIP authentication mechanism and DOS of VoIP.

2.Implementation Tasks:
Install OpenNMS on Windows operating system.
Just install. Try it for fun.
It features for its functionality which can compare with enterprise softwares but it is open source. I feel that it seems to be likely to the MRTG(I mean the report and setup methods, but it remains for me to dig the core function of it).

3.Web Technology's Homework:
Paper Reading:
http://hsiao-ting.blogspot.com/2007/11/web-teconology-hw4-web-robot-study.html

4.Obstacles I met this week:
4.1 PHPGD can not be installed on my Linux environment....but I supposed it should work well in PHP5 version default. (The browser always displays a fatal error to me said,"The function is not found.")
4.2 Anxious about SIP network report for our lab(my undergraduate project)

沒有留言: