2007年9月10日 星期一

[Weekly Report]2007.8.25-2007.8.31

1.Read some journal articles and make progress of the documents I must read through:
1.1 Q Focus Journal,Mar 2007,"SIP: Basics and Beyond"
I got some more understanding about SIP concepts(e.g. the transversal of NATs) through this article.
1.2 Q Focus Journal,Mar 2007,"SIP: Decentralizing SIP":
I read this article as a result of the thesis of Sepp Wang. The advisor told me that I might succeed to the sepp's thesis as my research subject. I figure the P2PSIP might be helpful for me. So I collected it in my thesis reading queue.

1.3 魏學文教授,"Introduction of WiMAX",published by 暨大電子雜誌
I also surveyed some documents about WiMAX in the Internet. There are many data about frequency and range of WiMAX. It confuses me.

1.4 Still Stuggle with the manual page of BASH and RFC3261.

2.Learn how to configure the call server:

2.1 The call server,, is supported by Vicotel. I surveyed some documents of GDS (Global Dialing Scheme),and found the routing rules of the call server is based on GDS. From the process of study, I learned more than the tips of configuration. Maybe the research is a kind of logical thinking and self-pursuit. (Just thinking.I'm just a newbie in the research "world".)

2.2 I add two accounts for myself to test. It works in the X-lite,Windows XP environment. When I used the Ekiga,a Linux OS softphone, the account cannot be registered. Strangely, I can register on our lab's server in NCTU<163.22.20.154>. Still continue trying.

3.About the WiMAX Demonstration:
Although I don't have any special skill to help the demonstration, I still want to participate in the work. Try to be a helper in the team and transfer some points I got from the advisor(Maybe I can be a translator and transferor).

沒有留言: